As the world around us rapidly evolves thanks to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, a number of businesses and organisations are offering free or low-cost learning material or advice.
We thought we’d collate these all in one place, so that you can see the best sources of information to take advantage of.
- Vokke, an innovative small business offering customised software systems for process workflows, is offering a free Digital Transformations Diagnostics Report, designed to help businesses understand where and how their business can be digitised. Check out this page for more information.
- EEK & SENSE (the Founders of GLWS) has released part five of their ongoing wellbeing through COVID-19 series. Following on from the first four posts – which you can find further down this list – part five is guest-written by Dr. Órla NicDomhnaill, CEO of Thrive Advisory. It focuses on finding flow after upheaval and disruption.
- Workplace Wizards, workplace relations and HR specialists, is delivering a free webinar on 27th May focused on productivity in the workplace during COVID-19. “Our workplace experts have developed some great strategies to help you lift staff performance, innovation and productivity in this time,” says director Mark Ritchie. Click here to register for this event and learn more.
- Treeti Business Consulting, a Northern Territory-based consultancy firm, is running a free virtual workshop aimed at entrepreneurs and business people. Part of their Get Connected series, this workshop, taking place on the 27th May, will look at navigating the various grants and support options for businesses. Click here to register for this event and learn more.
- The Business Centre is hosting the latest of its COVID-19 business disruptions webcasts, this one focusing on the effects of the various traumas Australia has suffered through this year, and how business owners can navigate their way through the bushfires, COVID-19 and more. 28th May. Click here to register for this event and learn more.
- The Alternative Board has launched a series of new virtual workshops, called RISE, designed to offer business owners actionable steps and learnings in reassessing, inspecting, strategising and executing on business relaunches in light of the challenging times. These are free. Click here to register for this event and learn more.
- The Van Diemen Project wants to teach you, for free, how to better manage the financial side of your business. On 1st June it is hosting a virtual ‘lunch and learn’ workshop. Click here to register for this event and learn more.
- Western Sydney Uni’s School of Business is hosting a free, live digital marketing webinar on 27th May. The event also coincides with the release of Camden Council’s Digital Adaptation and Innovation Grants of up to $15,000 for small business to adapt business models to digital or online delivery. Click here to register for this event and learn more.
- Y2 Education are running an online workshop this weekend aimed at providing crystal-clear, step by step instruction on how to manage and find career opportunities during the COVID-19 crisis. This free interactive online conference will help direct your energy towards new employment opportunities. Click here for more information.
- Australia Malaysia Business Council is running a free Webinar dissecting COVID-19 Stimulus Packages. Run by Chartered accountant Will Merdy, this opportunity includes information on Government’s Stimulus Packages and aims to ameliorate confusion over the many initiatives. This seminar offers pertinent information for business owners and will be particularly useful to small business owners. Click here to register for this event and learn more.
- Workplace Wizards offer a free ‘how to guide’ for managing Restructures and Redundancies. In this guide, they deconstruct the different methods for navigating this extremely challenging prospect and walk you through how best to manage it. Get your guide here.
- EEK & SENSE (the Founders of GLWS) has updated and expanded on their four – part COVID-19 series. With their Part 3 section, they breakdown how to balance yourself and your emotions and create boundaries. In Part 4, the team focuses on providing tips and tricks for increasing your vitality and energy during this time. Use the links provided to know more: Part 3 & Part 4.
- Mumbrella is offering small businesses with under 50 employees the chance to win a $50,000 trade campaign across its platform. Entries close on April 17 at 5pm.
- Google has released some helpful resources to help your business get through Bushfires & COVID-19 including a checklist and some free digital skills training.
- Facebook has a hub full of resources designed to help you with managing through and building resilience during the COVID-19 outbreak with resources, training and grant information – plus links to local Facebook help groups.
- Safe Work Australia’s business resource kit includes a range of resources for business to download and display in their workplaces, including checklists, infographics, fact sheets for industry and posters on handwashing, hygiene and physical distancing.
- TAFE NSW, in conjunction with the NSW Government, is offering a number of fee-free short courses that can be completed in just days or weeks, offering practical skills and experiences across a range of industries.
- 1Password Business has changed its 30-day trial period to six months – so companies can start keeping their teams secure without getting finance involved. Try 1Password Business and get your first 6 months free.
- eBay is giving new business sellers 3 months fee-free when they open an eBay Store from 1st – 30th April 2020.
Finally, we at The Marketing Project have been working remotely since 2014. For more tips and tricks on how best to manage this and even boost your productivity, check out TMP University, as well as scrolling back through our founder Holly’s LinkedIn posts.
More help for B2B companies
We’re also working on a new offering to help small to medium B2B companies (at absolutely no cost) during these tough times. Stay tuned for more information and if you want to be notified when we launch, just add your details in the form below.